Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hey, Mr. Bowtie... Where have you been?

Saturday, January 22, 2011:
Holy smokes - it has been too long, my friends!  Even now, as I began to type the date, I slip and write '2010' before correcting myself and editing it back to '2011.'  A whole new year?  So much has happened since I last posted and I must first apologize for being away from you for so long!  I can assure you that I have been busy making connections and creating new opportunities to share with you here.  So, let me fill you in...

As you all know, the holidays came and went - and with them, was the one year anniversary of the very first Bowtie Memoirs post, called 'And so it begins...'  It was one year ago on November 5, 2009 that I sat down and began a journey that has taken me to some of the most fantastic events in Chicago and connected me with some of the most stellar individuals I have ever had the honor of meeting.  So, although a little late - please join me in wishing my baby, The Bowtie Memoirs, a very Happy 1st Birthday!  Without your support, I couldn't continue to bring you the best in fashion and industry events that this city has to offer.  So, a big 'THANK YOU' to you, Chicago!

In other news:  I have recently began a new endeavor into the world of podcasting.  Recently, I joined three fabulous women - all Chicago fashion professionals - to begin our very own podcast!  Affectionately named, Speaking of Fashion, our podcast "aims to inspire communication about fashion and it's place in our every day lives."  Each voice brings something different to the coffee table - featuring Rachel Yeomans (Social Engagement Consultant, publisher/editor-in-chief of TheWorkingWardrobe.com and RachelYeomans.tumblr.com), Tenisha Anderson (editor-in-chief of Qlix Magazine), Kari Skaflen (editor-in-chief of Above the Fray) and myself (Director of Runway for Agency Galatea, editor-in-chief of The Bowtie Memoirs).  With such busy schedules, we record when we can - about once every few weeks - and recently we have completed two podcasts.  Each is pasted below for your listening pleasure (simply click on the link):

Speaking of Fashion - Topic #1: 

Speaking of Fashion - Topic #2:

I certainly hope you enjoy listening as much as we enjoy recording.  We always welcome your feedback, as well as your suggestions for future topics.  So, what are you waiting for?  Join the conversation!  (And, hey - check us out on Facebook, already...)

Well, my friends, I think that is it for now.  I certainly appreciate the patience you offered while I took some time to re-group after the holidays.  On a personal note, I would like to also thank all of my friends and family who have supported me through one of the biggest challenges of my life:  quitting smoking.  Today, I am proud to say, is my nineteenth day without a cigarette and I have never felt more confident, motivated and enthusiastic about the smoke-free life ahead of me.  I know that, just by making the choice to quit, I have changed the course of my life.  (Which I find to be pretty awesome.)

Moving forward, I urge you to keep your eyes on The Bowtie Memoirs, as I will have new, exciting event posts coming up for you very soon!  (You don't want to miss my photos and insight from this past Thursday - the Fall/Winter 2012 launch of a stellar Chicago menswear line called J.Cheikh.)  More to come on that tomorrow!

Until then, Chicago - stay stylish...  The Bowtie is BACK!

Truly,

R.M.B.

No comments: