Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Holiday Issue


Tuesday, December 1, 2009:
Copies of the new Michigan Avenue Magazine began to show up in fine hotels and influential residences across Chicago and the suburbs. The issue profiles some of Chicago's "change agents" on the scene who are evolving the face of our city. Featured on the cover is an Oak Park native who rewrote the A-List with her name at the top: talented "D-Lister," Kathy Griffin.

I had the opportunity to transcribe the interview that my editor-in-chief (who wrote the fantastic piece) had with Kathy Griffin. It was such an experience listening to a recording of the two talking candidly and laughing together. Kathy Griffin is absolutely hilarious and I admire her strength as a person and a woman who says exactly what's on her mind.

I also wish to direct you to page 34, where you will find my byline in this month's December 2009/January 2010 issue. It was an amazing moment tearing open the plastic that protects the new issues and opening up the shiny cover to find my name. So grateful for my internship and all the wonderful people who have pushed me forward. Thanks again to each and every one of you!

Please--waste no more time! Go and get your copy of Michigan Avenue Magazine and see the city through the eyes of such a diverse and talented team...

The Michigan Avenue Team.

-R.M.B.

1 comment:

lynne Jordan said...

Congrats on your byline! check out my blog sometime!
http://lynnejordan.com/blog