Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"Beg, Borrow and Steal" - Artfully Disheveled at John Allan's

Thursday, February 10, 2011:
A couple months back, while clutching the metal rail on the Brown Line train, I got an email on Facebook from a beautiful woman named Maria Ponce.  If you are not familiar with this smart and exotic individual - allow me to fill you in:   Maria is an extremely talented photographer who divides her time between Chicago and New York shooting commercial portrait work, as well as fashion.  She has shot for many stellar Chicago publications - including her most recent work photographing all fifty of Chicago Magazine's "50 Most Beautiful Chicagoans."  (Check out the rest of her hotness by clicking HERE.)  Anyhow - Maria introduced herself (as if I didn't know who she was) and began to tell me about an amazing new line of neckties, pocket squares and bowties (she knew her audience) in Chicago.  Clearly - I was listening (aka:  I began to read faster.)  As I read more, the name of said line immediately intrigued me:  Artfully Disheveled.  Right away, I knew had to learn more and I quickly found out the story behind this young lifestyle brand...
Chris Berre & Trey Berre:
Photo by Maria Ponce
While staying on his brother Trey’s couch in Chicago, Chris Berre thought up the idea for a new line of neck wear that would speak to the modern gentlemen who shared a flair for style that told a story.   The brothers soon reached out to a friend named Palmer, who shared their passion for quality and timeless style choices - and before they knew it, Artfully Disheveled was born.  In it's debut collection titled "Beg, Borrow and Steal", the lifestyle brand features thoughtful accessories "geared towards the urban professional, the eager student, the aspiring artist and any style minded individual."  The debonair Look Book describes the concept behind the name of the brand, explaining that Artfully Disheveled is "rooted in the Italian philosophy of Sprezzatura," and "is a contradiction by definition.  Artfully Disheveled is for the man who desires a look that is sophisticated but not subdued.  That is stylish but not stuffy.  That is classic but not conforming." 
Chris Berre, Ryan M. Beshel & Trey Berre:
Photo by Maria Ponce
Once I knew the story, I immediately reached out to Chris Berre (thanks to Maria's introduction) to learn more.  He was such a gentleman and he quickly invited me to an event at John Allan's to meet himself and his brother and get a look at the collection.  I arrived at the event that Thursday night and found Trey and Chris who were incredibly warm and welcoming.  We discussed menswear in Chicago and I shared my excitement for their young brand.  I was lucky enough to walk away with my own "The Sharps" bowtie, which I immediately tied with pride.  After a cocktail or two and some excellent conversation, it was time for me to head out - but not before snapping a few photos with the guys.  (These things are essential.)  I want to congratulate Trey and Chris for having the courage to begin this new Chicago brand.  Starting a venture such as theirs takes dedication, vision and patience.  Our fine city is in need of more individuals such as themselves that foster a passion for style and the motivation to make an idea come to life.  I look forward to the next collection from Artfully Disheveled and I know for certain that the collars of my shirts will be waiting for their next line of bowties.


Until then, Berre Brothers...


Truly,


R.M.B.
ARTFULLY DISHEVELED:
THE PRODUCT
(click to enlarge)
 Chris Berre & Palmer:
All Photos by Maria Ponce

“We believe a man should strive to find his own personal style and not chase trends.” Explains Designer, Palmer.

Founder Chris Berre adds; “Style is enduring whereas fashion is fleeting. One’s personal style should tell a personal story. Artfully Disheveled provides essential pieces that integrate to one’s personal style and provide a ready made story and conversation.”

2 comments:

Ray Frensham said...

Ryan, thank you for inbtroducing me to Artfully Dishevelled. Try and Chris and young Palmer deserve all the success. I like their items, plan to buy shortly, and look forward to their next selection (call it Level 2)

Ryan M. Beshel said...

Glad you like - I'm a huge fan!

-RMB (: